When you need to get a job done quickly, it's important to have the right materials on hand to be able to do so. What if you could use a single coupling for a wide range of materials that still delivers solid results and years of reliable performance? If you want this level of economy and efficiency for your water utility, it's time to become familiar with Romac Industries Alpha Restraint Couplings. Here are some details to help get you started on learning about these high-quality restraint couplings.
Time = money. The equation is simple but the costs can be great. When we first discovered this new product from Romac, we knew it was a game-changer that would mean big things for our customers. When you have the ability to install a coupling in just a few minutes without having to worry about not having the right size fitting on the truck again means you can get the job done faster and more efficiently than ever before.
The Romac Alpha is a wide range, restrained coupling that installs in about three minutes. With just two nuts to tighten, installation is simple. Just slide the coupling over the pipe gap, tighten the nuts to the appropriate ft-lbs. and you have a fully restrained joint with a maximum working pressure of 350 psi. It's just that simple. Here's a look at how the Alpha's features create a superior coupling for so many situations.
ALPHA Valve Hydrant Installation
- Flexibility in Material Choices: The ALPHA inlet can be used with a wide range of different pipe materials, including ductile iron, cast iron, HDPE and PVC pipe. This means it can be used effectively with almost any pipe material you use in your water utility system.
- Speedy Installation Time : Standard mechanical joints use eight bolts per end, making installation a slow, time-consuming process. By comparison, the ALPHA joint has only a top-mounted stainless steel bolt, making a valve that has ALPHA ends simple to install, saving time, money and labor.
- Jobsite Accessibility: Getting those bottom bolts tightened on mechanical joints are a pain. The easy-to-reach bolts on the ALPHA joint make it much more accessible than other available end connections. The ALPHA is quickly and easily installed by a single person in virtually no time compared to mechanical joint valves, which often need more than one person to complete the installation.
- Arrive Preassembled: How often has your crew wasted time assembling a mechanical joint when it arrives at your shop or warehouse? Unlike mechanical joints, the ALPHA arrives with all its restraint accessories already attached, ready to install and saving time, labor and money.
- Simpler to Install: How does the ALPHA achieve all this without a lot of fasteners? It works with the water pressure in your system to achieve a solid restraint, reducing the torque required to get a solid connection. This includes triple O-ring stem seals, thrust washers and a 100% leak-tight closure.
Alpha accommodates most common pipe materials and its wide range covers ductile iron through IPS PVC pipe diameters. Alpha is manufactured in the U.S.A. At Team EJP, we know that you need high-quality materials to get the job done effectively, which is why we've partnered with such superior manufacturers as Alpha to ensure that you can work your crews efficiently. If you need help finding the right solutions to your water utility issues, we're ready to help. Please feel free to contact us today for more information, with any questions or to discover more about Alpha's range of versatile solutions.