Drilling and Tapping
This Service Includes
- 3/4" & 2" direct taps on ductile or cast iron pipe. Other sizes or types of pipe require a saddle (see saddles in product section for appropriate saddles to use).
- On some pipes we will drill through a corporation and saddle that the customer purchases, leaving a corporation ready for connection to the service line. This can be done under pressure with no interruption of mainline service.
- As a minimum, the service work shall be done to AWWA specifications. All service work shall be guaranteed for a period of one year.
- Avoids shutting down the main to install new services.
- No need to purchase special equipment.
- All work is performed by experienced, insured personnel.
- Saves time and labor costs.
- Adequate excavation.
- Trench water removal, if necessary.
- Crushed stone to stabilize the trench bottom, if necessary.
- Trench shoring as needed.
Our service technicians are equipped to drill 3/4" thru 2" on the following pipes: Ductile Iron, Cast Iron, AC (asbestos-cement), PVC and Steel. We recommend the use of saddles on AC, PVC and Steel Pipe. See product catalog.
The most complete and extensive service department in the business!
We offer services such as pipe tapping, valve insertions, leak locating, in-line large water meter testing, sewer line air testing, and more!