Water Line Pressure Testing
This Service Includes:
- The necessary pump, hoses and tools to perform the high pressure test.
- Experienced, insured personnel in water line testing procedures.
- Certified test results for the owner, contractor and engineer.
- Pressure testing ensures the integrity of newly installed or repaired water lines, valves and hydrants.
- Testing is usually done to AWWA Specifications at 11⁄2 times the operating pressures unless otherwise specified by the engineer. This ensures the system will stay intact when experiencing water hammer.
- Saves the utility or contractor from having to purchase special equipment.
- A time saving method of testing for the contractor.
- Meets or exceeds engineers' requirements for system acceptance.
Caution: Extremely high internal pressures are generated when hydrostatic pressure testing takes place. Careful attention must be given to caps and plugs to prevent blow-off.
- The pipeline must be full of water and have the air purged from the system.
- Provide an additional source of water to be used to pressurize the system.
- Provide a 3⁄4" pump connection at the main.
- The system must be isolated with all fittings, valves, hydrants, caps and plugs restrained.
Information Required Before:
- Size of the pipeline being tested.
- Length of pipeline to be tested.
- Are there valves in-line for isolation?
- Are there any services installed off the pipeline?
The most complete and extensive service department in the business!
We offer services such as pipe tapping, valve insertions, leak locating, in-line large water meter testing, sewer line air testing, and more!