- Leak Locating
- Schedule a Leak Locating Service
This Service Includes
- Modern electronic equipment.
- Experienced, insured personnel.
- The pinpointing of leaks in pipes, valves, services and hydrants.
- Emergency leak detection day or night.
- Service performed with JD7Investigator™
- Reduce unaccounted-for water.
- Reduce lost revenue.
- Conserve precious water supplies.
- Reduce pumping and treatment costs.
- Locate leaks in new lines minimizing excavation costs.
According to the American Water Works Association, 10 gallons of water per person per day is lost in the average system through leaks or breaks in underground pipes, valves and hydrants. In many cases this tremendous volume of water is being treated and pumped. When it leaks out you lose more than water, you lose money! How can you afford to let these leaks continue?
Call your local sales office to set up a few days of leak locating now! The savings from eliminating lost water will more than pay for the service.
Knowing the answers to the following questions will assist us in being more efficient in finding your leak.
- Is the leak greater than 2 gpm?
- Do you know where the line is?
- Do you know the depth of the line?
- Do you know the pressure of the line?
About the JD7Investigator™
The Investigator is a pressurized pipe inspection and leak detection system for 100m investigations within distribution water mains. The systems camera and hydrophone technology is matched for 75mm to 300mm diameter pipe work for complete asset condition examination and leak finding. Unlike any other commercially available technology, the Investigator can be launched through fire hydrants, pressure fittings, air valves, gate valves and quadrina tapings at full mains pressure. The Investigator is capable of 100m travel with and against the water flow in water mains up to 16bar pressure.
The system is extremely robust, allowing reliable results to be achieved within harsh environments. All light levels are focussed to precisely match the field of view of the camera module, offering significantly enhanced images.
The system uses an electronic or manual drive mechanism to feed and retract the sensor head within the water main. This ensures a consistent feed rate and increases control of the position of the sensor. The mechanism also allows water integrity within pressurized water mains.
Audio and Visual Sensors
The integral hydrophone and sonde is operated in parallel with the camera system, offering visual and acoustic data all as well as locating the area of interest from one operation. The sensitivity on the hydrophone technology is incredible, where many filtering and frequency options are offered with the technology.
Key Benefits of using the Investigator
- Leakage Surveys and Reduce Leakage
- Condition Sssessments
- Illegal Connection/Services Identification
- Lining Quality Assessment
- Water Quality Investigation
- Pipework Mapping
- Valve Assessment
- Electronic Launch and Drive Mechanism
- Camera Head with Built in Hydrophone and Dual Frequency Sonde
- Hydrant Access Capabilities
- Control Station and Software with Built-in Recording and Exporting Options
- JD7 Support Software
- 100m Cable Drum
- Portable System if Required
As a leading waterworks supplier we know what it takes to service a customer. Please fill out the form below to schedule a service with one of our Service Professionals.
Someone from our team will reach out to you as soon as possible for more details.