The ALPHA inlet is compatible with several pipe materials, including ductile iron, cast iron, HDPE and PVC pipe. Compared to mechanical joint, which uses up to eight bolts on each end, the ALPHA joint uses only one top-mounted stainless steel bolt. This makes the valve with ALPHA ends easier to install, which saves time and money. ALPHA can be quickly and easily installed by one person in a fraction of the time it takes to install a mechanical joint valve. In some instances, the mechanical joint may require more than one person install.
For more information download the product guide!
Many years of experience have taught Waterous what customers want in a hydrant. They have applied this knowledge into the Pacer design. As a result it incorporates the best features of all hydrants with additional features not available elsewhere. Pacer is a functionally designed hydrant unmatched in overall convenience. In addition, Pacer meets or exceeds all applicable industry standards.
American Flow Control’s American-Darling 5¼" B-84-B-5 hydrant incorporates more than 80 years of experience in design, manufacture, and field experience. This means dependable and efficient operation when needed. Introduced in 1984, the B-84-B-5 hydrant is rated at 250 p.s.i.g. and is seat tested at 500 p.s.i.g. This hydrant meets or exceeds all requirements of AWWA C502 for dry-barrel hydrants. The B-84-B-5 hydrant is loaded with the features you expect from a high-quality fire hydrant. The all bronze seat and drain ring ensure that the B-84-B-5 hydrant is easily repaired by just one person.
American Flow Control’s American- Darling B-62-B-5 hydrant incorporates over 80 years in design, manufacture, and field experience. This means dependable and efficient operation when needed. Introduced in 1962, the B-62-B-5 hydrant is rated at 200 p.s.i.g. and seat tested at 400 p.s.i.g. This hydrant meets and exceeds all requirements of AWWA C502 for dry-barrel hydrants. The B-62-B-5 hydrant is loaded with the features you expect from a high quality fire hydrant. The all bronze seat and bronze drain ring assure that the B-62-B-5 hydrant is easily repaired by just one person.
The Clow Medallion hydrant is designed and built to provide unsurpassed fire protection. Utilizing computer developed data, Clow engineers painstakingly sculpted interior surfaces to provide the smoothest possible waterway, resulting in the lowest possible loss of head through the hydrant. The result? More water to the nozzles faster. With the Clow Medallion, it’s performance that counts.
- Comes with either one or two nozzles of the size you select.
- Interior parts can be replaced without disturbing any connections by unbolting the top cap and withdrawing the inside working parts.
- Available in any depth of bury.
- All hydrants come with ductile iron barrels for strength and corrosion resistance for longer life.
- Has 23⁄16" valve opening.
- Inlet can be 2", 2½" or 3" iron pipe thread. Also available with 2" or 3" mechanical joint inlet.
- Self-draining feature prevents barrel freezing.
- 2½" NST Nozzle – Also available in smaller sizes.
- Traffic Break Away – The MainGuard is designed to break easily at ground level.
- Security – A locking cover prevents water theft and protects MainGuard from the elements.
- Easy Repair – Just remove two bolts and take the inner workings out for easy repair and replacement.
- Brass Working Parts – All the moving parts are enclosed and made from high quality brass for greater durability and wear.
- Full Draining Capabilities – The MainGuard drains to prevent freezing after flushing.
- 2" Female Iron Pipe Inlet
- All interior parts can be replaced without disturbing connections by unbolting the top cap and withdrawing the inside working parts.
- ¾" hose connection or unthreaded brass nozzle to allow for easy flaming for disinfection.
- Aluminum weathershield with handy interior shelving for supplies and storage.
- Vent tube with open/close valve.
- Brass interior pipe isolates water flow and maintains consistency of brass interior parts, insuring maximum sample quality.
- Galvanized riser pipe for exterior protection.
- Brass valve body with ¾" FIP inlet.
The integral hydrant storz nozzle is provided on new hydrants. A storz spanner wrench is required for cap removal. The storz meets or exceeds the requirements of AWWA C502 regarding material and pressure testing. The storz shall have a brass metal face and hard anodized aluminum storz ramps and lugs. The aluminum finish shall be hard coat anodized to Mil-A-8625, Type 3, dark gray. The storz shall be made of forged or extruded 6061-T6 aluminum. The blind cap shall have hard anodized aluminum storz ramps and lugs, made of forged or extruded 6061-T6 aluminum. The cap shall be equipped with a suction seal. The cap shall be connected to the hydrant with a 0.125" vinyl coated aircraft cable. Once installed, the integral hydrant storz with cap extends less than 2" from the hydrant nozzle.
Hydrants in the New England region have to be tough! Our customers demand it. That is why we sell only the most durable lines of fire hydrants that will deliver many years of quality service.
But durability is not the only factor our customers consider when choosing a fire hydrant. Over and over, we are told that they want simple, low-maintenance designs at a fair price. In addition, our customers demand our reliability of having replacement parts available when needed.
Feel confident! the hydrants we supply are sound investments that you, our customers, need and want – solid protection and durability, all for a fair price.