Drilling & Tapping 3/4" Thru 2"
This Service Includes:
- 3⁄4" & 1" direct taps on ductile or cast iron pipe. Other sizes or types of pipe require a saddle (see saddles in product section for appropriate saddles to use).
- On some pipes we will drill through a corporation and saddle which the customer purchases, leaving a corporation ready for connection to the service line. This can be done under pressure with no interruption of mainline service.
- Our work is fully guaranteed.
- Avoids shutting down the main to install new services.
- No need to purchase special equipment.
- All work is performed by experienced, insured personnel.
- Saves time and labor costs.
NOTE: Our service technicians are equipped to drill 3⁄4" thru 2" on the following pipes: Ductile Iron, Cast Iron, AC (asbestos-cement), PVC and Steel. We recommend the use of saddles on AC, PVC and Steel Pipe. See product catalog.
- Adequate excavation.
- Trench water removal, if necessary.
- Crushed stone to stabilize the trench bottom, if necessary.
- Trench shoring as needed.
As a minimum, the service work shall be done to AWWA specifications. All service work shall be guaranteed for a period of one year. The service technician, the work he or she performs and the materials used shall be covered by liability insurance.